Road accident victims often leave the scene of a crash shaken, but thankful that they have survived the accident. However, many soon discover that the incident is not over just because they have returned home safely. In the days and weeks that follow, injuries may worsen, insurers fail to keep their promises, evidence may be lost—and the injured may be forced to cope with trauma and disability for an accident that was not their fault.
If you were injured in a vehicle collision in the Glasgow area, you could be entitled to compensation for your injuries and property damage. With over three decades of experience working exclusively for claimants, we will ensure that you get the compensation you deserve—quickly, efficiently, and with minimal inconvenience to you. Contact us today by calling 0800 009 6953 or complete our online enquiry form to set up a no-obligation chat with a lawyer.
Most Vehicle Accidents in Scotland Are Caused by Negligence
Our road traffic injury lawyers represent both drivers and passengers whose injuries have caused a lasting impact on their lives. Even a so-called minor crash can result in whiplash, back pain, broken bones, scarring, traumatic brain injury, or internal injuries that can require ongoing intervention and cause permanent disability.
Our lawyers handle a variety of vehicle crash cases, including those caused by:
- Injudicious action. Drivers have a duty to safeguard the lives of other road users, and engaging in reckless behavior can be grounds for negligence in an accident case. Negligent actions can include speeding, following too closely, weaving between lanes, and engaging in other poor driving habits.
- Impairment. Although it is illegal to drink and drive throughout Scotland, many people break this law and cause life-altering injuries to those around them. Drivers may also have impaired judgment and reflexes due to illegal narcotics, prescription medications, or other controlled substances.
- Mobile phone distractions. Road regulations strictly prohibit the use of handheld mobile phones or electronic devices while driving. A driver who is sending text messages or emails, playing games online, listening to music, or making phone calls with a handheld device can be charged with a traffic offence as well as face civil penalties.
- Road hazards. Traffic accidents aren’t always caused by vehicle collisions. Many people are injured each year due to hazards on the road surface, such as spillages, potholes, debris, or other obstructions. These claims may involve an action against the Highways Agency, the person who caused the spillage, or the party responsible for road construction and maintenance.
- Defective vehicle parts. Defective auto parts can not only cause traffic accidents, but they can also make the injuries that victims suffer much worse. An automaker or parts manufacturer can be held liable for ineffective safety equipment, faulty installation of auto parts, and failure to protect drivers and passengers from injuries.
How Our Car Accident Lawyers Can Help You Recover From a Crash
Conway Accident Law is made up of competent and compassionate lawyers who take a personalized approach to resolving every case. In your first meeting with us, we will listen to your story and address your most pressing concerns first, taking note of the different ways in which your injuries may be affecting you. Once you retain us, we will keep you informed with regular contact and updates, allowing you to heal and rest while we take care of the legal aspects of your claim.
When our firm takes your case, you can rely on:
- Immediate intervention. Our 1-Stop System offers practical support for traffic accident clients, getting them back on the road as quickly as possible. Your vehicle can be repaired by our trusted network of garages and mechanics while we act as the point of contact, keeping all of the details of your claim in one place.
- No upfront costs. A road traffic accident can have a huge impact on your life, and that of your family. We can help by sharing the risk of the case, paying court fees out of our own pockets until we secure compensation. Our “no-win, no-fee” pledge means that you will not have to pay any lawyer fees if your claim is unsuccessful.
- An accurate estimation of your losses. Victims may be able to calculate their medical expenses and out-of-pocket costs related to an accident, but it is much more difficult to place an amount on long-term losses. Our lawyers consider every way in which your accident could affect you during your lifetime, including your future earnings, pension losses, travel expenses, household help, in-home nursing care, increased housing or clothing costs, and other potential effects on how you live your life.
- A thorough investigation of the claim. The burden of proof in an injury case falls on the victim, adding considerable strain to an already difficult recuperation. Our legal team examines every detail of the case to discover all potentially liable parties, gather proof to link the harm you have suffered from the at-fault party’s negligence, and track down witnesses and records that can provide key evidence necessary to secure compensation from the insurance company.
The more time we have to investigate your claim, the better your chances of recovering compensation. Call us today or fill out our enquiry form to set up your no-obligation conversation with a member of our legal team.